Here is a detailed tutorial on how to use a keylogger to record keystrokes on computer or a cell phone. I know most of you are new to the concept of keylogger program. For some of you, this might be the first time you’ve heard about the term “keylogger”.
So, to give you a clear picture and make you understand better, I would like to take up this post in the form of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions). Here we go:
1. What is a Keylogger?
A keylogger (also called as spy software) is a small program that monitors each and every keystroke a user types on a specific keyboard of computer or a mobile device. A keylogger program can be installed in just a few seconds and once installed, you are only a step away from getting the target password and other sensitive data.
2. How Keylogger works?
Once the keylogger is installed, it starts operating in the background (in a stealth mode) and captures every keystroke of the target device.
Let’s take up a small example: The user on the target device goes to http://mail.yahoo.com and types his “username” and the “password” in the respective fields to login. The keylogger silently records these keystrokes and stores them in the logs. These logs when opened up shows the captured “username” and “password“. Along with this, you will also be shown that they were typed in the Yahoo login page. Thus, the keylogger loads upon every startup, runs in the background and captures each and every keystroke.
3. How to install the keylogger?
A keylogger can be installed just like any other program. Just follow the screen instructions and you’re done.
4. Do I need any special knowledge to install and use the keylogger?
Absolutely NOT! Anyone with a basic knowledge of using a computer or a cell phone can install and use the keylogger. It requires no special skills.
5. Once I install the keylogger, can the target user come to know about its presence?
No. The target user will never come to know about the presence of the keylogger. This is because, once installed, the keylogger will run in complete stealth mode. Unlike other programs, it will never show up in the start-menu, windows startup, program files, add/remove programs or the task manager. So, the victim can no way identify its presence.
6. Can I be traced back if I install the keylogger on some other computer?
No, it’s almost impossible to trace back to you for installing the keylogger on other’s PC.
7. Which keylogger is the best?
Today, there exists hundreds of keyloggers on the market and most of them are no more than a scam.So, I have have referred various blogs and found Realtime-Spy as the best one.
8. How it works?
I will try to explain the working of keylogger in simple steps:
- After you purchase the keylogger, you’ll be able to create the installation module using an easy set-up program. You need to install it on the target PC/Mac/Mobile.
- After installation is complete the monitoring process will begin. The keystrokes are captured and uploaded to the Realtime-Spy/mSpy servers continuously.
- You can remotely login to your online account (you get this after purchase) to see the logs which contains the login details or any other sensitive data.
9. I don’t have physical access to the target computer. Can I still use Realtime-Spy?
Yes you can! Realtime-Spy supports REMOTE INSTALLATION feature which allows you to remotely install the program on any PC even if you have no physical access to it. For remote installation, all you need to do is just place the module (refer FAQ-8) in a .zip/.rar file and send it as an attachment to the target email address (for which you need the password).
10. How safe is to use a keylogger?
Both Realtime-Spy and mSpy are completely safe to use since all the customer databases remain confidential and private. They do not collect any information from your system other than the information required for the product’s successful operation. They will not contact you in any way unless you request assistance.Share This: