The remote FreeBSD host is missing a security-related update.
Five vulnerabilities have been located in Irssi
– A NULL pointer dereference in the nickcmp function found by Joseph Bisch. (CWE-690)
– Use after free when receiving invalid nick message (Issue #466, CWE-146)
– Out of bounds read in certain incomplete control codes found by Joseph Bisch. (CWE-126)
– Out of bounds read in certain incomplete character sequences found by Hanno Bock and independently by J. Bisch. (CWE-126)
– Out of bounds read when Printing the value ‘%[‘. Found by Hanno Bock. (CWE-126)
These issues may result in denial of service (remote crash).
Update the affected package.