12/07 – Job || Software Engineer/QA || JPMorgan Chase
Requirement Analysis, Design and Planning:
- Manage the QA teams members for web.
- Provide direction to team.
- Resource planning and participate in estimation process.
- Test planning, test strategy creation.
- Analyze Business Requirements and identify potential gaps.
- Translate Stories / Use Cases / Acceptance Criteria (corresponding to requirements) into Gherkin Test Scenarios and re-factor the same as needed.
- Brainstorm with automation engineer to identify automation candidates and facilitate ‘In-Sprint’ automation.
- Work with developers in designing a test strategy to integrate certain components of the application in the absence of a fully integrated flow.
- Identify regression candidates from scenarios automated.
- Prepare Test Plans and test scripts.
1.Execute Gherkin scenarios to certify AUT (automated unit tests) against requirements.
2.Validate service layer components using API calls
1.UAT automated Gherkin (in-sprint) prior to demo; log automation defects as necessary.
2.For existing Regression scenarios (CI) – Validate failures of CI execution.
3.Existing Regression scenarios (non CI) – execute automated scenarios.
4.Test UI independently using mockey or equivalent services layer virtualization tool.
5.Perform integration testing
1.Log defects as applicable and follow up till closure.
2.Perform a preliminary analysis of logs to pinpoint where the breakage happens
1.Participate in demo to product owner.
- 10+ years of testing experience.
- 5+ year experience in Agile Methodology.
- Understands the concepts of the Test Driven Design or Behavior Driven Design.
- Hands-on experience with understanding and updating Gherkin (Given/When/Then)
- Hands on experience on with Test cycle management tools like JIRA/HP ALM
- Ability to read/comprehend automated scripting languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Must have working knowledge in building and executing automation scripts.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Can build and understands requirement and business modeling such as class diagram and activity/sequence diagram.
- Team Player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and capable of analyzing issues from the perspective of customers/users.
- Must work collaboratively with BSA/Developers and proactively identify defects during each Iteration / Sprint.
- Experience with payment networks, authorizations, credit / debit.
- Experience with ISO8583 message format.
- Experience with evolving payment ecosystems.
- Preferred prior experience with tokenization, digital wallet, and EMV standards.